Derek Norman asks, should we let "Those that matter" decide our future.
Have you noticed how the vast majority of the British, French, Dutch and Irish populations have suddenly been down-graded to the level of uncultured, low-birth, unintelligent, common Working Class morons. In other words we have been re-classified as being no better than Roman commoners who were ill-educated and of no significance to those that ruled the ancient Roman Empire, with the one exception that they were compelled to pay taxes that were due to Caesar. They were “Plebeians”; low-class common working people despised by the elitist “People That Mattered” who ran the day-to-day affairs of Rome and the Empire. Have you recognised the parallel between that the European Union (The New European Empire) ruled by the Commissioners and other elitist European bureaucrats together with some of our own EUrophile political leaders? Leaders such as Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and Peter Mandelson who openly despise the ordinary man and woman in the street and have shown their contempt for the views of ordinary British citizens and the UK electorate by going forward with political objectives which are contrary to the wishes of the British people. This also applies to the leaders and “those that matter” in France, Holland and Ireland. For Caesar and his ruling elite in Rome we can now substitute the oligarchic European Commission and the ruling elite in Brussels, and of course, our own miserable Vichy politicians in Westminster that supported the passing of the European Constitution, sorry my mistake, the European Reform Treaty, sorry my mistake, the Lisbon Treaty, into British law.
Let us consider a few examples of how the people of Britain and Europe have been treated contemptuously by “The People That Matter” in EU politics.
1. The British people were promised a referendum before the European Constitution was implemented into British law. The deceitful Eurocrats reworded the European Constitution and it magically appeared as the Lisbon Treaty. Many EU leaders agreed it was the European Constitution in all but name. The European Constitution has now been ratified by Parliament. Gordon Brown snubbed the British people.
2. The French and the Dutch people voted against the European Constitution in their referenda and have been treated contemptuously by their own politicians and the unelected European Commission. The common people who voted NO to the EU Constitution are considered to be ill informed pleb’s who haven’t a clue what the EU is about. Despite the NO vote both countries have had the Lisbon Treaty ratified.
3. The Irish people are now to be forced to vote a second time, probably in the Summer of 2009, in a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. How insulting is that to the ordinary Irish citizen? Of course, the EU does not accept that the Irish people should have the audacity to prevent or obstruct the Brussels’ bureaucrats plan for a New European Empire.
4. The British deep sea fishing industry has been decimated by imposition of ridiculous and harmful EU Directives which are enforced by our own navy. The British Navy is acting as the fishing police force to impose the diabolical damaging EU legislation on the remains of a once proud and great fishing industry. Don’t you feel ashamed to be part of this awful tragedy? How could our British politicians allow this to happen?
5. EU metric legislation has been forced on to hard working market traders who have been taken to court and fined for selling fruit and veg’ in pounds and ounces, which is what 98% of their customers want. The 1985 British Weights and Measures Act allows traders to sell in imperial measures, but the EU Directive, 80/181/EEC, forcing metrication on the street traders overrides the British Act of Parliament decided two judges in the High Court. At the present time a lady market trader, Janet Devers, is facing a fine of £5000 and is being intimidated by Hackney Council Trading Standards Officers. No customer complained and there was no overcharging or fraud, but “Those that Matter” ensured that Janet Devers faced the might of European legislation. At the same time “Get Rich Quick Bankers” were legally drawing obscene bonuses of millions of pounds of shareholders money, often after the Bank or Company had a downward spiral in business terms. How’s that for democracy and fairness?
6. The BBC and other media tend to support the EU as if it was a legitimate Government and show a significant bias in favour of the EU. They rarely explain to their viewers and listeners the significance of the constant flow of EU Directives and how they affect the lives of ordinary citizens. One of the methods of preventing information of EU activities reaching the eyes and ears of the public is for pro-EU politicians and supporters to interrupt anyone trying to tell the truth about the undemocratic nature of the EU. This happens on BBC’s Question Time program occasionally and recently on the Andrew Marr Show when Sheila Hancock continuously interrupted a leader of British Industry who was trying to explain that the UK could not change VAT levels to what might be in Britain’s best interest to overcome the present dire economic climate because of EU laws. At least, I think that was what he was trying to say.
Those of us that believe in true democracy think that the British people are the ones that should be consulted on any major issue to do with changing the UK’s status with regard to our membership of the EU.
We are not anti-European; we are the true Europeans because we recognise the right of each European country to be ruled by its own elected representatives. We wish to trade and encourage friendship between European Nations, but we do not want to be ruled by elitist politicians and unelected Commissioners who think they are the only “People That Matter”.